Friday, July 16, 2010

RED MEAT

I haven't eaten red meat since I was about the age of 13. I went to a boarding school, where I am convinced that they served us the old donkeys that used to walk passed the school! It put me off terribly. I have never fed it to my children either, as I just feel we are healthier without it. A long time ago, I had a boyfriend who was a farmer. He insisted that I go with him to the abbatoirs one time and I have never forgotten that experience. The whole way to the abbatoir, the animals were very restless. When we got there, the animals that were on the truck wouldn't get off. They had to be forced. It broke my heart, not to mention the adrenaline that was pumping through them. They obviously knew what was going on........now how can that not affect the meat we eat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment